39 things about me...
1. I am the oldest of three kids
2. I've lived my entire life in Texas
3. I've lived in San Antonio, Hebbronville, Corpus Christi, Taft, Missouri City, Houston, College Station, Bryan, and Sugar Land
4. I want to visit all 50 states
5. So far I've made it to 17... CA, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, OK, TX, LA, AR, KY, FL, IL, NY, MA, NH, VT
6. Next month I will add GA to that list (and I guess technically AL since I'll be driving through it 4 times)
7. I've been to 7 countries... Canada, Mexico, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Italy
8. Top on my International travel list is Australia
9. My first car was my favorite... 1982 CJ7 Jeep with rag top and full rag doors
10. I wrecked that Jeep in the rain, on the freeway, coming home from a job interview right after graduating college. Seat belts save lives!!
11. I went to college thinking I'd go on to Vet School
12. Freshman Chemistry kicked my butt and changed my mind about Vet School
13. Second semester of college I switched my major to Psychology
14. Psychology offered a B.S. or a B.A. - I went with B.S. so I could keep all my science credits, and so I wouldn't have to take a foreign language
15. Freshman and Sophomore year I participated in Bonfire cut... months each fall spending Saturdays in smelly clothes, developing blisters on my hands from cutting down trees with an ax
16. Freshman year I also raced sailboats (420s) on Butt Lake (okay, really it was Bryan Utilities Lake, but to me it will always be Butt Lake!)
17. If I could own any car, it would be a Shelby Cobra... blue with white stripes (kit or original... I don't care)
18. If I could by any house, it would be Our Lady of the Snows in Dublin NH
19. Last year I started collecting Starbucks City/State mugs... so far I have Chicago, New York, Boston, Utah, Houston and Austin.
20. My hit list for mugs this year... Atlanta, Florida, Orlando (from my road trips next month), California and San Francisco (need to ask my sister to pick those up for me)
21. My family is scattered from coast to coast... CA, ID, OK, FL, NY, NH
22. Despite growing up in Texas, only my brother and I are still here.
23. Favorite Vodka drinks (in order): Sea Breeze, Cape Cod, Screwdriver, Bay Breeze, Salty Dog
24. I rate the quality of Mexican restaurants by their margaritas (chips and salsa are used for a tie breaker)
25. But if given the choice, I'd take champagne over any other drink
26. Favorite movie of all time is Fletch
27. I tried to convince my husband to name our child Fletch if we had a boy
28. My second choice for a boy's name was Cameron (after Boston Bruins #8 Cam Neely)
29. Hubby wasn't on board with either of those... guess its a good thing we had a girl
30. My favorite books are John Sandford's Lucas Davenport and Virgil Flowers series
31. When I read the Virgil Flowers books, I imagine Virgil to look like Billy Lush (in Chicago Code)
32. This summer I will have lived in my house for 10 years, been married to hubby for 12 years, and been with my company for 17 years
33. I've completed 3 half marathons (Houston, Austin, and Disney) and 4 full marathons (Houston twice, New York, and Disney).
34. I still want to run Medoc, Chicago, Marine Corps, and Nike Women's in San Francisco
35. I truly believe Grande Non-Fat 2 Splenda Lattes and Diet Cherry Coke make the world a happier place
36. Peter Pan Crunchy Peanut Butter is about the most perfect food... peanut butter and honey sandwiches, peanut butter smothered Oreos, Ritz crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips... YUM
37. I'm currently in love with The Black Keys, reading, sewing, and netflix
38. I have 1 tattoo, and really want a second
39. Today I turn 39.
So if you're still with me after all that... I'd love to send someone a little "birthday" gift from me... just leave me a comment and tell me one thing about yourself.