Thursday, April 26, 2012
Another quilt that took a while to finish...
Looking back through Flickr it seems I started it January 2011... finished the top up around May... had it quilted in November (another one quilted by Lindsay at Eileen Quilts)... and finally got the binding on earlier this month.
I really debated on the binding for this... I bought the red floral (from the same Boutique line) when one of my LQS was going out of business. I stashed it away, knowing I had SOMETHING for the binding. When I went to pick out the backing I was thrilled that this Riley Blake Essential Dot matched the greens in the Boutique line... but totally forgetting that I had red binding waiting. I was afraid the backing would turn out looking too Christmas-y... but I really love the binding print, so I ended up just going with it. Probably not the absolute best option, but it works, and I used up a little stashed fabric (always a good thing!)