I have a completed quilt to show, but I think I'll show it off later this week. By then I should have the binding completed on a second quilt and I can show them together.
So instead I'll share with you my New Year's Resolutions:
Better Health - I haven't yet taken off all of the baby weight (let's not even mention the 20 pounds I wanted to lose before I got pregnant) and I've noticed that lately my asthma has been giving me more problems and my knees hurt. I know what I need to do - I've done it before - I just need to make a committment to myself!
Read More - Looking over my Book Journal for the last couple of years I noticed that I read about 30 books a year. This year I challenge myself to read 52!!! One a week!!! I already have plans for about half the books - HCC Book Club selections (11), books 1 - 6 of the Sookie Stackhouse series (17), book 3 & 4 from the Twilight series (19), Lost on Planet China (20), and the three new books I pruchased today (23). And PaperBackSwap shows I have 65+ books on my To Be Read list.
Complete Projects - Some of these I've already started, some I only have the supplies for... I'd like to say that I won't buy any more fabric or supplies until these are all completed, but I know that won't happen! But I'll as many of these as possible:
- Disappearing 9-patch quilt (I have the fabric for the quilt top)
- Charm Quilt with Moda Zaza fabric (I have the fabric for the quilt top)
- Loralie Dog Quilt (kit I purchased at the 2008 Quilt Festival)
- Dog Quilt with Embroidered Dog and Minkey Back (I've collected most of the fabrics)
- Weeds in God's Garden Quilt (kit I purchased at a local quilt shop earlier this year)
- Fall Lap Quilt (kit I purchased at a local quilt shop on clearence last week)
- Fatty, Fatty 2x4 Quilt (the blocks are pieced it just needs to be put together)
- Embroidered Advent Calendar (I have the fabrics I just need to purchase the embroidery file)
- Tote Bag
- T-Shirt Quilt (I forgot about this quilt until I found it in a box last week)
- Aprons (the same designer that made the Merry Christmas embroidery file I stitched out last week has a Valentine's and Thanksgiving file that I want to stitch out)
- Floral Pin Cushion
- Outfits for Megan (OU for next week's bowl game, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Mardi Gras, Rodeo, Easter, P&P Children's Festival, and a December 2009 Disney World Trip)
- 2009 Christmas/Birthday Gifts (Megan is going to get a play kitchen so I need to get started on an apron, chef's hat and play food)
And I'll leave you with this from the Today Show this morning - Don't accept NO from someone that isn't empowered to tell you YES.
I hope you have a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year!!